NISUS Archives

April 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2011 09:59:43 +0900
Dear Takamitsu,

On 2011-04-11 [+0900 JST], at 4:45 AM, takamitsu muraoka wrote:

> I may not have made it clear enough what my problem is.
> I'm talking about Hebrew phrases and sentences inserted into footnotes which
> are basically written in English. Those Heb. Phrases and sentences were
> written in the reverse mode under NW 6 with Euroscript on.
>
> When I mail from my Mac OS 9 such a file to my Mac OS 10, the Hebrew phrases
> and sentences in the main body of the document appear alright, but all
> Hebrew phrases and sentences in footnotes appear in the reverse order. What
> I entered as <GFED CBA> appears as <ABC DEFG>. I am asking if there is a
> simple way of reversing ALL these sequences with a single operation, instead
> of selecting them one by one and then applying the macro function <Reverse
> Text>. I suppose there must be a possibility to find ALL such sequences at
> one go and highlight them on the screen.

Thank you for the explanation. However, still the situation remains unclear to me. Also there seems to be a bug in NWP: Hebrew texts in the main body and those in footnotes should be treated in the same way.

Can you please send me sample files off-list? [1] Put a NW Classic document, a NWP document corresponding with it, the Hebrew font in a folder, [2] compress the folder using the Finder's contextual menu command "Compress...", [3] attach the zip archive to a message and send it to <mailto:[log in to unmask]>. The second step (compress the folder) is important. Otherwise,  resource folk in the NW Classic document and in the font will be lost.

Kino