NISUS Archives

March 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:50:53 +0900
On Nov 8, 2009, at 7:00 AM, Geoffrey Heard wrote:

> You can restore the links -- or more correctly, make new ones -- in Preview. Go menu bar > tools > annotate > add link.
>
> It's a nuisance, but that's the work around.
>
> It appears Apple's implementation of PDF is really pretty dumb. Not to say outright stupid.

You don't need to make them any more. Since when? I don't know but, in 10.6.2 at least, hyperlinks in PDF generated by Apple's PDF producer do work in any PDF viewer. There is nothing visible indicating their existence, though. So you have to set underline colour or some other attributes manually before Save As PDF.

Kino