NISUS Archives

March 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Brian Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:55:28 +1100
Recently I tried LinkBack using NWP 1.4 and OmniGraffle 5.2.1.
    Seemed to work but you would need to try it yourself.

I don't think there has been much development of LinkBack since Nisus trumpeted its existence some years ago - so long back that the LinkBack site has Nisus Software telling us that NWP v 1.0 was released!!!!!!
I did send a semi-rude [surprised] note to Nisus.

Someone may care to link a photo from iPhoto in a Nisus document, then manipulate it in iPhoto [straighten, crop, etc.] and see what shows in NWP       (-:

On 17/03/2010, at 3:50 AM, Andrus wrote:

> I'm not entirely sure what is meant by text boxes in current state of software, but, while it is not directly convenient, and NWP user interface for graphics is still not up to speed with its capabilities, what about creating a vector-mapped chunk of text and insert it as a graphic.  Then it can be made to flow in the text, move with paragraph, or anchor to page, and text can be made to flow around it.
>
> Would this be a viable or useful work-around until Nisus folks get around to making such a feature directly editable?  (it should be relatively trivial,  it would seem.)
>
> I heard talk earlier of LinkBack.  that should make something like this much easier.  but I see no evidence that anything viable is going on in this arena.  Someone please jump in and correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems LinkBack died for some reason-- which I still don't understand, and still lament.
>
> 	Ben Andrus

[...]

Regards from brianF