NISUS Archives

July 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2011 09:58:51 -0600
On 2011 Jul 21, Thu, at 8:33 am, Rich Hansen wrote:
> On Jul 21, 2011, at 3:00 AM, paolo savonuzzi wrote:
>>
>> any idea on how to tell Safari that I don't want to reopen last
>> session's page on relaunch? :-/
>>

> Sure. Close all windows in Safari before quitting.
>
> rich

But that requires consistent thought planning! :-)

But seriously, TidBITs has some discussion on these items that may
prove helpful:

<http://db.tidbits.com/article/12320>
	(excerpt:)

Lion’s new Resume feature automatically opens any application’s
documents that were active when the app was quit. That can be jarring
to people who traditionally quit an app when finished with a
document. To ensure that a completed document does not automatically
open the next time you launch the application, hold Option and choose
[the Application Name] > Quit and Discard Windows, or press Command-
Option-Q. Alternatively turn this feature off completely in the
General system preference pane; you can then ensure that an open
document does automatically open the next time you launch the
application, again by holding Option as you quit the application.

To prevent all applications from reopening when you restart your Mac,
do not hold Option as you choose Apple > Restart or Apple > Shut Down
- so that the dialog appears - and uncheck "Reopen windows when
logging back in."

and almost related:
	Dealing with Lion’s Hidden Library
	<http://tidbits.com/article/12306>