NISUS Archives

November 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 2010 15:34:26 -0400
People

Anybody out there versed in rights ?

My books have been out of print for more than ten years and so the rights have reverted to me.

I am now putting the first novel into digital form and I hope to then sell it as an e-book on Amazon's Kindle store.

I have two questions:

Because Amazon is the platform, does Amazon acquire any rights to the text ?

Can I also sell the text to another platform, like the iPad or Sony ?

TIA

ps: I am trying to work out a cover for the book. Given that it will often appear as a thumbnail, I suspect I want to keep the image as simple and as striking possible. For anyone interested, I have posted two covers on my blog at:

http://www.pbase.com/pbasetim/trotti

and would appreciate any feedback.  Again, thanks in advance.