MACSCRPT Archives

August 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Mark Lively <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 08:35:38 -0700
On Aug 8, 2006, at 8:23 AM, has wrote:

> I did start working on my own AEOM framework a while back, but
> stopped once I realised it's a non-trivial problem and the only
> sensible approach would be to implement some scriptable
> applications first and then extract a framework out of that. Given
> the time and work that would take, I'm more inclined to put up with
> the existing Cocoa Scripting framework despite its problems - I'm
> not being paid to do it, after all.

I was thinking about this a while ago.  Cocoa script is a great great
idea.  It just tends to be poorly implemented.  Too many people take
the Cocoa scripting and make a bridge to their View.  What they
should be doing is hooking it into the Model.  If I am scripting a
spreadsheet, I don't care what it looks like.  I just want to toss
some data into columns and then make a graph.  Perhaps run some
statistics.

-Mark
I don't get paid for my opinions and thats probably for the best.