LLTI Archives

April 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:35:50 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Michael Heller <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Michael Heller <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Videoconferencing Equipment Testing
>Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 12:03:59 -0500
>To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>

Dear LLTI listserve readers,

Over the summer I will be purchasing a set-top videoconferencing (VC)
unit for use by Montclair's foreign language and linguistics programs.
I have lined up demo units from major vendors (Polycom, VCON, Tandberg,
and Sony) and, during late April and early May, I wish to test these
units prior to selecting a model.  If you have any VC equipment
available and are willing to help me test with a short 5 minute VC,
please contact me off list.  I am particularly interested in
simultaneous VC with multiple sites, in VC with sites in Europe, South
America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia, in VC that includes data
sharing, in VC that includes a webcasting option, as well as in VC with
those directly connected to Internet2.

Kindest regards,

Michael Heller
Director of Language Learning Technology
College of Humanities & Social Sciences
Montclair State University
1 Normal Ave (CHSS/DI-287B)
Montclair, NJ 07043-1699