LLTI Archives

June 1999, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 09:16:22 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from John Fahey <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 09:13:08 -0600
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: John Fahey <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5057 Proofing Tools for Claris/AppleWorks

------------------
I recall that Claris used to have additional dictionaries for sale,
including Spanish, listed on their web site. Now that Apple has taken over
Works again, I am not sure of it's status.

There is also a free Spell Checker for the Mac called Excalibur 2.6
available at:
http://www.eg.bucknell.edu/~excalibr/excalibur.html

It can work directly with Claris Works 5.0 and presumably Apple Works 5.0
through Word Services.

There are free dictionaries for Excalibur in English, Spanish, French,
German, and Italian. There are also dictionaries for Catalan, Danish,
Dutch, Manx, and Portuguese.
ftp://ftp.eg.bucknell.edu/pub/mac/Excalibur-dictionaries/

John Fahey
UTEP