LLTI Archives

April 2009, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 2009 05:05:03 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Hayo Reinders <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 13:10:36 +1300
>Subject: Call for Papers - Beyond the Language Classroom
>From: Hayo Reinders <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]

Dear colleagues,

We are inviting contributions to an edited book, to be published by a major
international publisher, on the topic of language learning and teaching
beyond the classroom. The aim of the book is to provide an account of the
range of settings and types of learning and teaching beyond the classroom
and to develop a broad theoretical understanding of this area of research
and practice.

This call for papers is for two types of contributions: the first part of
the book will include empirical papers reporting on research in out of class
language learning. The second part of the book will include contributions
reporting on the practical implementation of pedagogy is for out of class
learning. This could include institutional efforts to encourage and support
students in their learning outside the classroom, or it could report on the
assessment of learning done outside the institution, for example.

Proposals can cover any of the following areas:
Self-access, distance education, workplace learning, home schooling,
computer-mediated learning, use of mobile devices, study abroad, use of
broadcast materials, self-instruction, online or offline learning
communities, naturalistic learning, or learning in multiple settings.
Within this broad framework, contributions may focus on issues such as:

- strategy use
- motivation and affective factors in out-of-class learning
- access to resources
- new modes of teaching and learning
- interaction between out-of-class and in-class learning
- interaction between language learning and everyday life.
- assessment of out-of-class learning.
- any other relevant areas.

A full call for papers can be found here:

http://innovationinteaching.org/blog/2009/03/28/call-for-papers-beyond-the-langu
age-classroom/

Best wishes

Hayo Reinders

--

Dr. Hayo Reinders

Adjunct Professor, Dept of Applied Linguistics

University of Groningen, the Netherlands

http://www.innovationinteaching.org

Editor of Innovation in Learning and Teaching

http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/1750-1229

Convenor of the AILA Research Network for CALL and the Learner

http://www.callandthelearner.info

Add your references to the Learner Autonomy bibliography

http://www.autonomybibliography.info

Skype: innovationinteaching

Facebook: email me for invitation

Teaching