FMPRO-L Archives

January 2011, Week 5

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Peter Payne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2011 11:08:31 +0900
Question for smarter Mac-heads than me. I can quit apps using "killall" via scripting the terminal, for example if Transmit has frozen I can use "killall transmit" to kill and relaunch it. (I do this in scripts that run in the background, to make sure the scripts are running overnight.) However, no force in the universe will make Filemaker Pro die with "killall." Any idea what I would need to do? Any variation of "killall 'Filemaker Pro'" or "killall 'Filemaker Pro.app'" returns "no matching processes belonging to you were found." Is there some magic trick to this?