FMPRO-L Archives

May 2011, Week 3

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jonathan Fletcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2011 22:29:04 -0400
On May 18, 2011, at 9:52 PM, Gary Scott wrote:

> We have some solutions that use FM V6 and plan to move them to FM V11.  The
> solutions use FM server for file sharing and FileMaker Pro unlimited and
> CDML for remote access via the web.  We plan to update the data files to FM
> V11 and recreate the web pages to PHP.  The solutions will be redeployed
> using FileMaker Pro Server V11.  Not clear if I need Mac OS 10.6.7 SERVER or
> not.

The client version of OS X works fine for server.

> For development and testing will Filemaker Pro Server and run on a Mac
> (10.6.7 CLIENT, not server version of 10.6.7) with web sharing turned on?  I
> have 2GB ram, is that enough for developement and testing?  We are thinking
> about joining FileMaker Technet to get FileMaker Pro Server for testing and
> developement.

Great idea and very cheap for development use. (Actually a "no-brainer" in my book.) 2GB is plenty for development with just a few clients.

j.

--
Jonathan Fletcher
FileMaker 9 & 10 Certified Developer

Fletcher Data Consulting
http://www.fletcherdata.com
502-509-7137

Kentuckiana's FileMaker Users Group
Next meeting: May 24, 12:00 pm to 3:00-ish
Listserv signup: http://fmpug.com/mailman/listinfo/louisville_fmpug.com
Blog: http://www.kyfmp.com