FMPRO-L Archives

October 2011, Week 4

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Andy Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2011 15:44:24 +1100
Greetings,
                   we need to clone files with no records and import
records into these cloned files.  The files are resident on a mini
mac server. We have regular FMP11 Server on the Minimac not advanced
FMP11 Server.

When we "Save a copy as clone no records" then import records, the
import destination filename comes up as the filename of the file we
used to clone from, not the new filename applied to the clone in the
"Save As".

As we want to use look-ups, we need straight forward file paths.In
the import window, FMP is retaining the filename of the file we
copied to get the clone as the destination filename.

Is this a problem? If so, how is it fixed?  Do we need FMP11 Server Advanced?

We were advised on an FMP forum, that FMP Advanced would allow the
creation of the new filename. Removing any reference to the copied
file.  To this end we included Advanced in our site licence, but not
FMP11 Server Advanced.

Very confusing.

TIA

Andy