FMPRO-L Archives

August 2011, Week 3

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jonathan Fletcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 2011 08:28:59 -0400
Len,

In addition to Steve and Steve's fine suggestions and analysis, it might be as simple as radio interference from some recent gadget addition to your office or the one next door. I reread you note and I couldn't get a clue for whether you are going wireless or with wired ethernet for your network. If the latter, that is not your problem. If you are attempting to run all this wirelessly then I would say it's a good bet that you need to seriously consider some changes to your network. Go wired if you can, or at least use a wireless sniffing app to see what channels are bumping into yours. That won't tell you where the cordless phones are on the spectrum, but it will tell you if your next door neighbor put in a new router on the same channel as y
yours.

Oh, and two big thumbs up for FileMaker Server. Well worth it.

Unless a catastrophic loss of all your data is no big deal to you.

Your call.

j.

--
Jonathan Fletcher
FileMaker 9/10/11 Certified Developer

Fletcher Data Consulting
http://www.fletcherdata.com
502-509-7137

Kentuckiana's FileMaker Users Group
Next meeting: Tuesday, August 23, 12:00 pm to 3:00-ish
Blog: http://www.kyfmp.com