FMPRO-L Archives

December 2010, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 2010 10:51:24 +1100
Hi,
Just a statement of annoyance.
I'm presuming this is a no go. We tried it but it didn't work so we've
stuck with OS 10.5.8. Unfortunately it affects imovie as you can't
update to ilife 11 unless you're running 10.6.3 and probably other
things too.
I don't like the changes in layouts and screen views on FM 10 and 11, so
its the age old question about updating the OS and the working software.
It never ends. I have no idea if 8.5 or 9 could have been able to work
on 10.6 but money being the prime mover with filemaker its obvious they
want you to keep spending money with them.
However, on this occasion Windows 7 is still running FM 8.5v2
thankfully, so the mac will miss out on further work for the time being.

Lee