FMPRO-L Archives

February 2011, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Rick O'Quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2011 07:29:11 -0500
Tim,

Thanks, I didn't even think about the possibility of a paste. Makes me glad I went ahead with the "double solution." I thought I might be over-killing it a bit, but I guess not. It always amazes me how much MORE time I spend trying to anticipate how a user can screw up a solution than actually designing the basic solution!

Thanks again,

Rick

On Feb 11, 2011, at 6:00 PM, FMPRO-L automatic digest system wrote:

> Date:    Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:22:59 +0700
> From:    Tim Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Keeping a Field one line
>
> On 11 February 2011 07:41, Rick O'Quinn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> So my final fix was to do both! I added a Trim to the AE calc, then set t=
> he fields to tab on the return key. So the user won't be able to enter data=
> only to have it removed, but if I add the field somewhere down the line an=
> d forget the formatting, I have a backup. Works like a charm.
>
> I suspect you may have had to use both methods anyway Rick: including
> Return as a "go to next field" key may not prevent someone from
> Pasting return-laden text into the field.
>
> --=20
> Tim Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
> Neologica Print & Promotions ABN 63 904 335 408
> Certified FileMaker 10 Developer
> PO Box K1163 : Haymarket NSW 1240
> Mobile 0405 500 846
>
> ------------------------------

___________________
Rick O’Quinn
Photographic Services Coordinator
University of Georgia
Public Affairs
Broadcast, Video & Photographic Services
188 Georgia Center
Athens GA 30602-3603
Work: (706) 542-8085
Fax: (706) 583-0011