FMPRO-L Archives

July 2011, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
David McQueen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2011 10:53:16 -0400
It sounds like either there is a sort within the script itself or
going to that layout causes a sort of some type or perhaps  invokes a
calculation.  The first time it runs the sort is slow over a LAN or
WAN.  Then the sort is remembered for that user.

Check for sub summary parts and unstored calculations at that layout
if there is no explicit sort step.

Versions prior to FMP 11 (I believe that is the cutoff point) did not
automatically sort summary layouts so that would not be an issue in
prior versions.

HTH

Dave

--