FMPRO-L Archives

May 2010, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Rick O'Quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2010 14:41:33 -0400
We've been running FMPro server advanced 9 & 10 on a Xserve G5
(10.5.8) that was also the office open directory server. User access
to the files on the FMPro server was authenticated from the OD master,
but that happened to be running on the same machine. Everything worked
fine.

I recently upgraded to FMPro Server Advanced 11, so had to get an
Intel machine to run it on. It's now running on an Xserve Intel
running Snow Leopard, and it's still authenticating to the office OD
master running on the Xserve G5. I set it up in the Server11 admin,
and hit the test button, and it works. Initial real world testing
found users were being rejected on authentication. But we figured out
that they could authenticate using their shortname.... but only the
FIRST shortname. The account name (long name) won't work, and neither
will any alternate shortnames.

If I HAVE to, I can live with this, but my users have gotten use to
using the long name, which is also the default user name that comes up
in the authentication window. Plus, I have a startup script that is
using that user name to set some preferences. That still works for
most of my users, but one who's first shortname is complete different
format than everyone else's, doesn't work without a hack.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

-----------------------
Rick O’Quinn
Photographic Services Coordinator
University of Georgia
Public Affairs
Broadcast, Video & Photographic Services
188 Georgia Center
Athens GA 30602-3603
Work: (706) 542-8085
Fax: (706) 583-0011