FMPRO-L Archives

September 2011, Week 4

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoff Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 12:49:43 +0000
Hello,

Lately I'm getting users stuck, and today I have a connection that is now 4 days old. The user was running a script with external ODBC calls when the SQL server they call to had a process block, which froze everyone using that server, whether they were hitting it with FileMaker or no. When the block was cleared, all the clients unblocked, with the exception of this workstation. FileMaker had to be killed with the task manager, but of course upon relaunch worked perfectly.

Now that session is still active, and I won't be able to close the database files properly in FileMaker server until that session is killed. The disconnect command in the Admin console is simply ignored, several times now.

Any ideas? Or at least does anyone else see this behavior?

Geoff