FMPRO-L Archives

October 2012, Week 4

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Steve Cassidy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2012 12:00:02 +0100
On 25 Oct 2012, at 11:17, Roger Adams wrote:

> I solved the problem by adding the database to my FMGo app in iTunes and then looking for the file in FMGo on the iPhone. In fact, one does not have to be connected via wifi to add files to FMGo.   Just do it by connecting the iPhone to iTunes on your Mac and adding the file as above.    So simple I could kick myself for not thinking of this before I sent my post.    This method is spelled out in the help section of FMGo under "Transferring Filles".

Yes, that's true. But you did mention synching, and there's no synching of files when you do that. So the situation is that you now have two copies of your database file and the problem of reconciling them (if indeed that is needed) is for you to deal with.

As I noted, hosting a database is a different thing. For that, you need a connection between your host (FMP) and client (FM Go) for as long as the database is open on the client. In that case, there is only one copy of the database file.

As long as you've got that straight, then all is fine...

Steve