FMPRO-L Archives

December 2011, Week 3

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
CANHR MIS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2011 22:12:34 -0800
Happy Holidays All,

I have posted this problem to Filemaker's own forums but haven't got much satisfaction. Maybe you folks can help.

Using the Script Step "Send Mail" ; Send via: E-mail Client ; and Apple Mail as the email client program.
I have discovered the following problem.

In FMP 10 this script worked just fine. However in FMP 11 the To: field in the resulting email messages have only the email address without the Name. In FMP 10 and using the same various versions of Apple Mail, the To: address would look like this:

Joe Blow <[log in to unmask]>

Using FMP 11 (and the same Apple Mail program) we get: [log in to unmask]

FMP & FMP Advanced 11.0
Operating system version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 & 10.6.7
Apple Mail: 3.6 & 4.5

Just to be sure I tried many different calculations, tested them in the Data Viewer and in fields.
I tested on local files and file on FMServer 10. Same results. Tried on 3 different machines.

On the chance that it was my file, I tested using the FM Inc.'s Starter Solution "Contact Management" created using the menu command "New from Starter Solution." I created no new fields or scripts. Same results.

If you would like to see the post & response on the "issue" forum of Filemaker Inc. The post is;

http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/7d6e66a797

There is also another report of the problem by someone else at;
http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/7597d69cf3

Can anyone duplicate this problem?
Thank you for your cooperation.

_Steve B
-----
Manager of Information Systems - CANHR
http://canhr.org
Tel: (415) 974-5171

Have you found CANHR helpful?
To help support our efforts, please visit:
http://www.canhr.org/membership/donate.htm