FMPRO-L Archives

March 2011, Week 4

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Corn Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2011 00:02:38 -0400
Lee,

I would approach this first by creating a FiscalYear table that included the start and end dates for each fiscal year. You can then relate this to your table containing the amounts based on the date of the entry by creating a multi-predicate relationship with the following predicates:
  AmountTable::entryDate >= FiscalYearTable::startDate AND
  AmountTable::entryDate <= FiscalYearTable::endDate

As far as displaying the running totals is concerned, FMP 11 makes this easier by allowing you to see live previews in Browse Mode. However, if this is for your clients using FMP 8.5 you'll need to approach this with a slightly heavier approach. There are several ways of accomplishing this, including using a summary field along with a calculation employing the the GetSummary() function.

Cheers,
-corn

On Mar 23, 2011, at 7:49 PM, Lee wrote:

> Hi,
> Its actually a little more complicated than that.
> The 'years' are the financial years starting July to June each year. so the running totals would be for each financial period.
>
> Lee
>
> On 24/03/11 10:39 AM, Lee wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Thank you to Corn and Stephen for the answer to my last query on layout changes in 11.
>>
>> I have a list of amounts ($) that have been entered during each year. I'd like to have a total (running) of each year's amounts.
>> I have a separate field that identifies each year but how would I create an onscreen running total for each year.
>>
>> Lee

Cornelius Walker
The Proof Group
http://proofgroup.com/