FMPRO-L Archives

January 2011, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Peter Buchanan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2011 19:36:52 +0200
I may be mistaken, but most point of sale, hotel booking and other high data
volume/fast processing environments require software which relies on
keyboard or screen touch. Keystrokes will always be far quicker than mouse
and keyboard.

I use Filemaker mainly for accounting and data capture, and would think that
being able to use the function keys (F1 through F12) on the standard
keyboard, to perform repetitive processes (enter find mode, add new record,
duplicate record, show all records etc) would be very welcome.

Peter