FMPRO-L Archives

December 2011, Week 4

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2011 10:41:40 -0500
Hi Peter,

I did something like this once because of a very similar customer
request that made perfect sense at the time. I handled it all with scripts.

If a document was deleted, I stored the number. When assigning a number
to a new document, I check my deleted documents list to be sure there
wasn't a number that I needed to reused before I assigned a new number.
There is some management of the list required, but the script has run
flawlessly for over 8 years.

Hope that helps.

Mike