FMPRO-L Archives

October 2011, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Deborah Tinsley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:43:00 -0500
I just upgraded from FMP 8.5 Advanced to FMP 11.04 Advanced. I'm using
a Mac with OS 10.5.8.
I've been using this database for years. I have several fields that
are drop down boxes using Values Lists that used values from other
fields. In my old solution everything worked well. I would enter the
field, the list would drop down. I could enter the first 3 or 4
letters from the name (an artist's list). It would match the name. I'd
press enter and the serial number for the artist would appear, and the
name would appear in a related field.

Now, all of a sudden that doesn't work. Everything works except when I
enter the field, the list drops down but when I type the first few
letters, nothing happens. It does not find the matching letters.

Let's see what have I tried: everything! There are some new terms I
don't quite understand when I looked at the help file.

Here's another wrinkle. All my fields using the drop down feature with
related fields have stopped working - except one??? I can't see the
difference.
Is this too vague? I'm hoping there's just something simple I've overlooked.

Deb

Deborah Tinsley
Visual Resources
Kansas City Art Institute