FMPRO-L Archives

May 2011, Week 4

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
John Wenmeekers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2011 18:11:41 -0400
Hi all,

I need a way to keep track of changes made in an application.

The final goal is to have a list with dates and (probably) recordsIDs of
changes made in each table in an application.

To be clear, an audit log is not enough.
The final goal is to see how many records were changed on day basis.

Out of that we can then calculate several date ranges and qty of records
changed.
How many records changed compared to the total records, etc.

Or even show it in portals, filtered on date or on whatever other item field.
Also generate reports with totals.

Any hint where and how to start ?

TIA