FMPRO-L Archives

November 2011, Week 1

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
BEVERLY VOTH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2011 02:38:17 -0400
Richard, many sites now prohibit anything that is a hyperlink-like (an URL) in comments. Listing 'cnn' works, but 'cnn.com' does not, for example. This is to prevent attacks that may be malicious URLs. Unless they have a way to enter links (a specific field and/or button), try to avoid using them. Look for a "dot" that is NOT surrounded by numbers (an amount, for example) or has a space after (end of sentence). Flag those values, too.

Beverly