FMPRO-L Archives

January 2011, Week 4

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Stephen Wonfor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2011 18:10:38 -0700
Gary

re: 2.  I would strongly recommend MetaDataMagic from New Millennium as an almost essential tool for conversion if you have many files to convert.  I have used it for 8 or 9 conversions of systems ranging from 40 to 120 files.  Your databases will "just convert" but MDM has some excellent internal tools - Conversion Analysis reports, File Reference Fixer.
There as some really good articles at FMi to help you - eg.  http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/750/~/conversion-%26-migration%3A-things-to-think-about-before-converting-your-file(s)-to

Stephen

---

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." - Brian W. Kernighan