FMPRO-L Archives

May 2012, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jonathan Fletcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2012 19:14:13 -0400
EPS is not really a supported file type in FileMaker.

What you are seeing printed is the graphic header of the eps file, which is basically a thumbnail bitmap representation of the vector data that is an "Encapsulated PostScript" file. FileMaker doesn't not know how to interpret the PostScript in the file and just prints out the header instead. The other programs you printed it from DO know how to interpret PS and know what to do with it.

I suggest that you save it as a PNG, which handles vector graphic data nicely and IS supported by FMP.

j.

--
Jonathan Fletcher
FileMaker 9/10/11 Certified Developer

Fletcher Data Consulting
http://www.fletcherdata.com
502-509-7137

Personal Blog o'Stuff: http://jfletch.posterous.com

Kentuckiana's FileMaker Users Group
Next up: Build-from-scratch and more Twelve!
Tuesday, May 22, 12:00 pm to 3:30-ish
Blog: http://www.kyfmp.com