FMPRO-L Archives

December 2010, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Steve Cassidy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 2010 08:40:46 +0000
On 12 Dec 2010, at 06:08, David Thorp wrote:

> Still, setting the icons to small and removing the text does indeed reduce the screen real estate issue significantly.  In fact, I'd argue that with it set to show icons only and set to small icons, the toolbar takes up no more space than it used to

David

Thanks for noting this. It's new to me, too. I've barely used FMP11 so far.

It seems this is not a setting that we can script. Do I assume that it also is not saved with the file? So a user can alter the setting at will...

This reduces its usefulness somewhat. You could design a layout to fit a screen size based on the minimal (say Text Only) toolbar, but the end user will likely be using the default (giant icons).

Or am I missing a way for the developer to take control?

Steve