FMPRO-L Archives

March 2010, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cornelius Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2010 07:33:11 -0500
On Mar 11, 2010, at 9:16 PM, John French wrote:

> However, when I opened the recovered file, lo and behold, the
> problem appeared to have been cured! I changed the printer from
> Printer B to Printer A, and upon closing and reopening the database,
> Printer A was still the default. Also, selecting a different record
> and layout was preserved across a close and reopen.
>
> I can't explain exactly what may have been wrong with the unrepaired
> database; but, for now at least, I think I'm good to go. Thanks to
> all who offered ideas and advice; and the kewpie doll goes to Tim
> Mansour, who raised the possibility of file corruption.

There was likely nothing wrong with the database. If you go back to
the Recover dialog and specify the "Advanced" options you'll see that
one of the options is to "Delete cached settings." If you had selected
only this option you likely would have seen the same thing.

Look at your Recover Log. It will tell you if the recover process
changed anything or not.

Cheers,
-corn

Cornelius Walker