FMPRO-L Archives

June 2010, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Steve Cassidy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2010 07:14:52 +0100
On Jun 9, 2010, at 11:18 PM, Nicholas Geti wrote:

> I find it difficult to keep straight which table carries which
> script and have to fuss when passing globals back and forth. This is
> a highly error prone technique and should not even exist.

Hi Nicholas

For yet more frustration, you could try winding back a few more
versions of Filemaker. Go back a further ten years, for example, and
you'll find you don't even have a relational architecture. That makes
building a business system a lot of fun.

Or just upgrade (or persuade the client to upgrade) before you run out
of hardware on which to run this old system. It'll make you much
happier.

Steve