FMPRO-L Archives

October 2011, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Deborah Tinsley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2011 11:19:50 -0500
More info:

The drop down list that works does not use a linking file.
The Author and Site field, the drop down lists that do not work, use a
linking file. Everything works except typing in the first few letters
and having the drop down list go to those letters.
When I switched the position of the two fields in my values list so
the Serial Number showed and the text name was in the second field, it
worked fine, but the whole point was to be able to type in the artist
name and have the SN automatically entered. i.e. when I type Pic and
get Picasso, that enters the SN #1234567.

It has been so long since I created these fields, I'm a little unclear
how they all work together. Guess I need to diagram that. I keep
hoping it's something simple I just don't know about 11. Any ideas out
there?

It's just so frustrating that it work in 8.5 and doesn't work in 11.
Also, did not realize that 11 would automatically translate all my old
8.5 files without asking to convert them.

Deb

Deborah Tinsley
Visual Resources
Kansas City Art Institute