FMPRO-L Archives

March 2010, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Steve Cassidy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2010 18:35:25 +0000
On Mar 14, 2010, at 1:27 PM, Barrie Phillips wrote:

> Thanks Steve
>
> I'm typing into a text field. In this case the portal to the related
> table contains only
> a text field, two date fields, and a check box that are visible. The
> 'person' ID number,
> current record flag (yes/no) and the concatenation of the two (the
> match field)
> are hidden beneath the four entry fields.

"Allow creation of related records" does not work if the match field
is a calculation. (Obvious if you consider the situation; in order for
auto-creation to work, Filemaker has to set the match field – but a
calculation cannot be set.)

I'm not 100% certain, because I rarely use this functionality, but I
think you can get around the problem by using multiple (two in this
case) relational criteria – one matching the person ID and the other
matching the flag – instead of the single calculated field.

Steve