FMPRO-L Archives

March 2011, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
John May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2011 14:35:01 -0500
OS X Lion will make this a system-level feature =)

	- John

On 3/9/11 2:23 PM, Richard S. Russell wrote:
> Jesus and Satan were having an on-going argument about who was better on
> the computer. They had been going at it for days, and frankly God was
> tired of hearing all the bickering.
>
> Finally fed up, God said, "THAT'S IT! I have had enough. I am going to
> set up a test that will run for two hours, and from those results, I
> will judge who does the better job."
>
> So Satan and Jesus sat down at the keyboards and typed away.
> They moused.
> They faxed.
> They e-mailed.
> They e-mailed with attachments.
> They downloaded.
> They did spreadsheets!
> They wrote reports.
> They created labels and cards.
> They created charts and graphs.
> They did some genealogy reports.
> They did every job known to man.
>
> Jesus worked with heavenly efficiency and Satan was faster than hell.
>
> Then, 10 minutes before their time was up, lightning suddenly flashed
> across the sky, thunder rolled, rain poured, and, of course, the power
> went off. Satan stared at his blank screen and screamed every curse word
> known in the underworld. Jesus just sighed.
>
> Finally the electricity came back on, and each of them restarted their
> computers. Satan started searching frantically, screaming: "It's gone!
> It's all GONE! I lost everything when the power went out!"
>
> Meanwhile, Jesus quietly started printing out all of his files from the
> past two hours of work. Satan observed this and became irate. "Wait!" he
> screamed. "That's not fair! He cheated! How come he has all his work and
> I don't have any?"
>
> God just shrugged and said "JESUS SAVES!"
>

> Just a little reminder. FileMaker Pro saves your work automatically as
> you go, without any need for human — or divine — intervention. Aren't
> you glad you use FileMaker? Don't you wish everyone did?
>

> = = = = = =
> Richard S. Russell, a Bright (http://the-brights.net)
> 2642 Kendall Av. #2, Madison WI 53705-3736
> 608+233-5640 • [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
> http://richardsrussell.livejournal.com/
>
> = = = = = =
> My favorite computer error haiku:
> 3 things are certain:
> Death, taxes, and lost data.
> Guess which has occurred.

John May : President                   http://www.pointinspace.com/
Point In Space Internet Solutions             [log in to unmask]

              Twitter: http://twitter.com/pointinspace/
            Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PointInSpace/

         Professional FileMaker Pro, MySQL, PHP & Lasso Hosting
           on shared, virtual and hardware dedicated servers