FMPRO-L Archives

May 2010, Week 3

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Mon, 17 May 2010 22:28:13 +1000
Jens,

There is a much easier work around. Leave your print script intact but
when the print dialog box appears, presuming you haven't by passed it,
select the 'Preview' option not the 'Print' button. Then select print
from that preview screen and it will print normally.
By the way I've just found another issue with 8.5v2 on Snow Leopard, if
you have a script to email direct from Filemaker it will crash Filemaker
instantly. I haven't even looked at that one yet for a work around so if
any one else has it could save me heaps of time.
I'll never suggest to a client to buy Apple again after this recent
effort. 99% of my client's have PC's and 8.5 seems to still work on
Windows 7. I know , I know Mac is streets ahead in most areas but this
time an original mac based product is found wanting on a Mac. At least
Filemaker put out an update for 8.5 for Vista but not for Snow Leopard.
Again I know there is a time factor but.........
Another salvo across Filemaker's bows. I checked Filemaker prices for
their products for most countries from their website,  and Australia
currently has the highest prices by far. $AU157 more expensive for an
upgrade of Advanced, that represents a 50% higher cost than the U.S.
upgrade.
I'm sure there's a logical answer. Like currency fluctuations, higher
costs in Australia etc etc.

Lee