FMPRO-L Archives

June 2010, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Steve Cassidy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2010 20:41:33 +0100
Nicholas

Yes, you've discovered one of the oddities in Filemaker pre .fp7. But
this is documented in the user manual and the help.

Filemaker expects a date in a date field, even in Find mode. Doesn't
really make sense, but there you go.

The workaround is to use a script step called something like Insert
Calculated Result or Paste Result (sorry, I only have a Japanese
version handy so I can't check this easily). The name changed at some
point in the version history.

The point about this step is that the field has to be on the current
layout. So it is not as useful as Set Field. But it will allow you to
do what you want.

Steve

PS Incidentally, I think you have your start and end dates the wrong
way round. The first date must be earlier than the second one.