FMPRO-L Archives

April 2011, Week 1

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chuck Pelto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2011 08:22:19 -0600
Heh...

On Mar 31, 2011, at 11:56 AM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>> It would be simple enough to allow it to pursue all paths and add each to the out-bound e-mail.
>

> Since none of us are programmers at FileMaker Inc., none of us have any idea how simple that would be. Looks simple -- and it would certainly be simple for us to use -- but when the software has a lot of moving parts, they have to make sure nothing else gets broken when they add each "simple" feature.

Any of us program in C++?

It should not be very difficult for FMI to implement this improvement. So, with Occam's Razor, it falls back to my assertion....

We'll give the users what WE want to give them WHEN we want to give it to them.

> They also have to make sure that they are working on the features that will bring the best return, and keep the company profitable. I'll bet that's not easy.

What's this? You suggest they can only work on one improvement at a time?

I doubt that very much.