FMPRO-L Archives

October 2012, Week 4

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Roger Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2012 09:59:43 +0700
Hi,

I have been trying unsuccessfully to sync my data on my iMac with FilemakerGo on my 3GS iPhone.   Both devices are on the same wi-fi network and both apps are open and I have followed the instructions given in the "Connecting to Databases" in the FMGo app.  However, when I try to sync I get the following dialog on my iPhone.   FM11 Pro on iMac and FMgo 11.0.2 on iPhone.

"The File "xxxx" could not be opened.  Either the host is not available, or the file is not available on that host."

Quite clearly the host "192.168.1.37" is shown as active on both the iMac and theiPhone and the file is open on the iMac so it is available.   Can anyone help solve this issue?

many thanks for your help.

Roger