FMPRO-L Archives

November 2012, Week 3

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Tony White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2012 11:14:21 -0500
Hi Steve,

Seem like a reasonable request (caveats below)...

First off...you want help primarily with the data modeling. Good. Most
important and hardest part to get right and the most difficult to fix later.

* Help with field definitions is kind of edgy...could be ok if fields to be
added and modified are discussed from a data model point of view and
everyone keeps to the agreed upon conventions.

* Layouts...usually means lot of layout object work on the "design
surface"...plenty of work to go around.

* Navigation: Ok if everyone keeps to the agreed upon convention.

* Scripting..help with the easy scripts is OK as long as everyone keeps to
the agreed upon conventions. On hard scripts you should expect to need help.

* The look and feel...works best if there is a style guide in place.

Sounds like you are looking for coaching with some coding and a focus on
knowledge transfer.

As long as you do not fly so close to the sun that your wings melt, you
should be able to move forward.

Good luck!

All the best,

Tony White
Tony White Designs, Inc.
44 Butler Place, 6G
Brooklyn, NY  11238
Tel: 718-797-4175
http://www.twdesigns.com
iChat: [log in to unmask] | skype: tonywhitelive