DOC-BAIT-AND-BULLET Archives

June 2022

DOC-BAIT-AND-BULLET@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Siddhant Iyer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DOC Bait and Bullet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2022 12:09:36 -0400
Hi there,

This is an ad for subject recruitment for a study being conducted by The Dartmouth Social Neuroscience Lab called ‘Conversation + fMRI’. Apologies if you’ve received this email before! My name is Siddhant, and I'm a research assistant at the lab. I’ll explain a bit about the study, and hopefully some of you are interested in participating.

THE STUDY
Our study investigates how you think about yourself, your friends, as well as a few celebrities. To this end, the study consists of the following:

Part 1 – 1 hour 15 mins. This is a virtual component to be completed 1 day before appointment.:
You will be asked to virtually fill out questionnaires and complete an online task by yourself 1 day before coming into the lab.

Parts 2, 3, 4, 5 – 2 hours 45 mins. In-person appointment:
You and I will have a 10 minute, in-person, camera-recorded chat where I will ask you about your hobbies, past-times, beliefs, etc. A subject from a concurrent study in our lab study will rate how you come across in this interview.
Next, you will be inside the fMRI scanner for around 1 hour to complete a task as well as watch the subject’s rating of your interview.
Next, you will complete another questionnaire.
Finally, we will administer a quick & easy finger-prick to collect some (just enough to color the tip of an ear-bud item) blood, to test for post-stressor (stimuli) blood properties.

COMPENSATION
You will paid 4 t-points or 80$ by cheque, whichever you prefer, for the entirety of the 4 hours of participation. The 80$ cheque will be initiated once you complete the study, and could take a week or two to be processed and delivered to your apartment/house/dorm.

NOTES
Unfortunately, international PhD students are unable to be compensated (international undergrads/masters’ students will be compensated!).

If you have taken PSYC courses, or if your answer is yes to any question below (except for the safety glasses question), please let me know.

AVAILABILITY
We’re looking to run participants on the following days & times at Moore Psychology Building for 2 hours 45 mins. Earlier dates are preferred for us, but obviously any of the below works for us!
Sat, 6/11, 10:30am
Tues, 6/14, 12:30pm
Fri, 6/17, 10:30am
Tues, 6/21, 9:30am
Fri, 6/24, 10am
Mon, 6/27, 12pm
Wed, 6/29, 11:30am

If all sounds good, please list multiple time slots that work for you, in case your preferred slot is unavailable by the time of your response. Again, if none of the times work, or if you’re not around for the summer, but still interested in participating, please say so, so that I can reach out another time. Hope to hear from you!

--

Best,
Sid