CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sun, 22 May 2011 18:39:03 -0400
-------------------------------------
      ~AMARNA Presents:
--------------------------------------
~* ~ Monday Night Dinner  ~*~
--------------------------------------

	Join us.
         MONDAY, MAY 23
               @ 7 PM

With special guest...

      DEAN SYLVIA SPEARS

Dean Spears is Dartmouth's Acting Dean of the College. Prior to this appointment,
she served as Acting Senior Associate Dean of the College and as Director of the
Office of Pluralism and Leadership/Associate Dean of Student Life. Dean Spears
oversees all aspects of student affairs at Dartmouth, including Student Support
Services, Campus Life, Health Services, Safety and Security, and Athletics and
Recreation.

Come for a wide-ranging discussion about leading from the head and heart, embracing
change and transitions in one's life, and Dean Spears' reflecions for and on the
Dartmouth community as she prepares to leave her position with the college.

PLUS FREE DINNER!!!!!

Where is Amarna, you say?
Amarna is located at 23 E. Wheelock street,
second house past the traffic light after the gym,
and right across from Kappa Kappa Gamma.

What is Amarna?

Amarna is a coed residential Undergraduate social organization. We are open and
non-exclusive, with no rush or pledge period for new members. We embrace, affirm
and appreciate individuality and diversity. We  encourage a spirit of voluntary,
not obligatory, participation in house activities. Our programmatic theme is equity
in the Dartmouth community.  We plan and hold a variety of events, from dance
parties to weekly dinners with faculty and administrators, from our signature
"Wine and Cheese" to community service activities and events addressing issues
of diversity.

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~amarna/