CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sat, 25 Jun 2011 13:56:13 -0400
To all students:

The Student Center for Research, Writing & Information Technology (RWIT) opens
for the term on Sunday, June 26, 2011 at 4pm.  To make an appointment, please
visit our website at <http://www.dartmouth.edu/~rwit/students/appointment.html>.
  (NOTE: During the summer, all appointments must be made at least 24 hours in
advance!)

PLEASE READ the text below, which contains important information about our operation
during the summer and will be posted on our website shortly.

Please address any questions or comments to <[log in to unmask]>.

Happy Summer!
The RWIT Staff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Summer 2011 Schedule
*IMPORTANT: Read Thoroughly.*  Please note that during the summer we run an on-call
service AND the procedure for scheduling an appointment is different.  (Detailed
instructions below.)  In order to see a tutor, you MUST make an appointment; we
will not take walk-in clients.  Furthermore, all appointments must be made at
least 24 hours before you wish to meet with a tutor.

How to Make an Appointment (Summer 2011)

First-time clients, please follow these steps in order to create your Client Record:
o	Click on "Make an Appointment".
o	Log in on Dartmouth's Web Authentication page.
o	At the Writing Program Database page, click on "Create RWIT Client Record".
o	Fill in the form, click "Review" at the bottom of the page, and click "Submit"
at the top of the page when you're ready.
o	You will be sent back to the opening page where a link to the Scheduler will
appear.
o	Now follow the instructions below.

To schedule your appointment:
o	On the Writing Program Database click "Scheduler".
o	To view our weekly calendar with tutors' names and hours, click the "Show Timetable"
button.  To make an appointment, click on the "Back to Scheduler" link at the
bottom of the page.
o	Click on the "Show Calendar" button.
o	Click on the date you want or the "Show Week" link to see more details.  REMEMBER:
All appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance.  No exceptions.
o	Use the drop-down menu to select a tutor.  NOTE: During the summer, you cannot
select "No Preference", or else you will not be helped.
o	Click on the "Select" button.
o	Your scheduled appointment will be listed at the top of the page. Please make
a note of it.

To confirm your appointment (summer only):
o	Email the tutor immediately (not on the database) to confirm your appointment.
  He or she will reply in a timely fashion to verify it.
o	Please do NOT assume that you are meeting with a tutor unless he or she has
acknowledged your request.  We institute this policy to protect clients during
the summer, since tutors only work at the Center when they know they have an appointment.

To log out of the Writing Program Database, QUIT your web browser application.