CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2011 22:40:30 -0400
Do you like hiking, can't wait to go back to the Lodge, or enjoy simply
existing in this beautiful, autumnal New England weather? Get outside with
Cabin and Trail! No experience necessary unless specifically stated. Gear and
transportation provided, all are welcome, especially members of the Class of
2015.

First meeting of the term will be next Monday!

TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY

Event: Playtime/Dinner/Stargazing at the Lodge!
Time: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Cost: $8 for your delicious Lodge dinner! (cash or DA$H)
Description / Difficulty level:  See the Lodge in it's Fall-term splendor!
We'll meet behind Robinson Hall at 4:00pm to drive up to the Lodge. Once we get
there, we'll hang out until dinner at 6:30 (play frisbee, soccer, wah!, take a
nap, sunbathe, etc.).  After dinner there will be a short hike up to the
weather tower near the Lodge to see the stars and frolic in the evening air. We
should be back to campus around 11:00pm.
No prior hiking or delicious-food-eating experience required!
15'S WELCOME!!
Blitz Alison Helzer to sign up!  LIMITED SPACE, so reply ASAP!!!

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Dinertoure's Fall Forward

(Daddypop's Tumble Inn. Claremont, NH)
Leave from the back of Robo, 6:45 AM
RSVP to Dinerz

College is complicated. Orientation week leads to disorientation as Hanover
folds upon itself, adding layer after layer of madness and confusion. You
can shut the door to your single in Bissel and curl up next to the cardboard
cutout of your high school mascot. Or you can come on Dinertoure. Dinertoure
doesn't have auditions or brothers or physical strain or placement tests or
expectations. We have a love for breakfast and belief that people are
people. The ride is free, bring small bills.

Cabin and Trail FEED
At the Rock, 13 Sargeant St.
Meet behind Robo at 7pm on Wednesday after the collis fair and walk over
together! Food is delectable as always, as are the people. First feed of the
term, you don't want to miss this.
Cost: $4, cash or Da$h, free if you help cook (blitz Erin Dauson)

Stay tuned for more:

- Apple picking on Thursday
- Help repair trails on Mt. Moosilauke on Thursday
- Short hikes near campus on Saturday and Sunday
- Hike Franconia Ridge on Saturday
- A hike on Mt. Washington + lodge dinner on Saturday