CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Leah Torrey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leah Torrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2016 13:07:02 -0400
Currently seeking applicants for Tucker's Alternative Spring Break trip focused on:

RACE, FAITH, & JUSTICE.

Applications can be found at:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~tucker/interfaith/

“I think the biggest risk I took was going on this trip. I could have easily returned home to sunny California for spring break. I believe the payback has been no longer being complacently ‘okay’ with the current state of things.”
--student participant, ‘16

“I was uncertain about how to go about fighting for justice. I’m grateful this trip introduced me to a variety of ways to engage with justice. I have more clarity about how to embark on the pursuit  of justice.”
--student participant, ‘19

“This entire trip was a risk and a challenge for me, but I chose to go on this trip because it took me way out of my comfort zone. I was a pre-med in a political science and history major's world, I was a Christian in a mosque and a synagogue, I was an Asian in spaces that were dominated by other races. It was a challenge and I took more out of my experiences than I even thought I would. I became more bold, adventurous, and curious as a result of this trip. I have found new passions and have a renewed excitement for the years ahead of me and possibilities for what I accomplish for justice in the world. This trip has literally changed my life!” –student participant, ‘19

****We are seeking both trip leaders and general participants.
****Leader applications are due by midnight on October 1
****Participant applications are due by midnight on October 8