ALUM-SYL Archives

October 2023, Week 1

ALUM-SYL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Amy Keeler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amy Keeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2023 18:49:14 +0000
Dear Thayer Friends,

Happy fall! The leaves in Hanover are starting to change and we are getting ready for a busy October capped by Homecoming on the 20th<https://alumni.dartmouth.edu/events/homecoming-2023>. Below is a great opportunity to get your green entrepreneurship idea off the ground, get involved with Thayer VC Firm, and stay connected to the Dartmouth community. If you have an idea for career-related programming (in person or virtually) for our students, please reach out to me to discuss.

GREENSHOT ACCELERATOR<https://www.dartmouthgreenshot.org/our-program> | The Irving Institute for Energy & Society
Greenshot, a three-month accelerator, led by the Irving Institute for Energy and Society and the Magnuson Center for Entrepreneurship, is open to all visionary entrepreneurs driving groundbreaking climate solutions. In this inaugural cohort, startups will benefit from the Dartmouth community and resources in both entrepreneurship and climate.  Greenshot will feature a curriculum offered by Tuck faculty, environmental experts from the CleanTech Open, lab facilities, and expert guidance.  Participants will have the opportunity to pitch top climate investors and also win up to $75k in prize money. Greenshot is a hybrid program and you can participate from anywhere.  Applications are now open for our inaugural 2024 cohort of startups. Ideal candidates are startups that are seeking a seed or series A round of investment within six months of the program.
Learn more at https://www.dartmouthgreenshot.org/

SciFi VC | Tech Fellow Opening working with Matt Therian '05 in San Francisco
SciFi is looking for aspiring founders and company builders seeking to solve hard problems in large and complex industries (e.g. Fintech, AI, etc.) to join us in a combined effort to start a significant company. You likely are already thinking about solving challenges you see in the market today and are looking for a place where you can collaborate with others to home in on the problem and then identify, test, and build conviction around a solution. The role will entail collaborating with the SciFi VC team and other domain experts on:

  *   Thesis formation within markets of interest to you and us.
  *   Meeting with and analyzing startup pitches in relevant verticals.
  *   Building experiments to assess ideas, understand markets and customers, and explore proofs-of-concept leading to the formation of a new company.
Apply at: https://scifivc.substack.com/p/tech-fellow-opening-at-scifi-vc

DARTMOUTH CONNECT<https://connect.dartmouth.edu/> | Stay Connected to Alumni!

We are excited to partner with Dartmouth For Life to promote the Alumni Practice Interview Program. This program gives you the opportunity to practice your interviewing skills with a fellow Dartmouth alumnus/a, in a virtual format.

Registration is quick and easy!

Once you've created an account on Dartmouth connect, simply navigate to the Programs tab on, select the Alumni Practice Interview Program<https://connect.dartmouth.edu/hub/dartmouth-connect/programs/peer-mentoring-program/about>, and click "Join" in the upper righthand corner to complete the short mentee sign-up. Once you've signed up, our team will match mentees with available mentors throughout July and August.

Matches will be made on a rolling basis through August 31. Mentors and mentees are asked to meet twice over a 60-day period. The first meeting is an introduction and review of program goals, and the second meeting you will conduct the practice interview and provide feedback using the questions and rubric provided.

Questions? Please reach out to Liz Foster, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

STAY CONNECTED TO THAYER

  *   Thayer Career Services for Alumni<https://career.engineering.dartmouth.edu/alumni>
  *   Thayer's LinkedIn Group<https://www.linkedin.com/groups/125761/>
  *   Dartmouth Connect<https://connect.dartmouth.edu/> (replacing the Dartmouth Career Network)