We have 12 i-Macs in our lab. All three generations are included. (We also have 4 PCs in th epublic lab). Our experience with i-Macs has been good. Only one machine had a hard drive replaced during the warranty period. All machines are connected to a shared 100BaseT network and are protected with Foolproof and are managed by Network Assistant - which allows us to bring all the machines back to their original state in less than 5 minutes every day, while the machines are in use. We use network Assistant to update software on all machines simultaneously - also while the machines are in use. We do not use peripherals. Students use the campus mail system to move their files to our machines. We allow students to use one directory (Users' Folder) for temporarily saving files on our machines. Students can put their files back into the mail system to continue working on them in their dormitory rooms. We like the i-Macs because of the small amount of real estate they need and because of their speed - particularly for displaying video. WE also like the fact that headphones are easily connected on the front and that CD's are easily inserted. We were very skeptical at the beginning about the quality of the CD drives, but so far they have not failed. Our PCs have less use and are more troublesome to operate. We plan to add more PC stations (all of them to be NT) during the next term. Our experience with PCs is limited and we worry about changes and updates on those machines since our environment does not have the same level of support for these machines as it does for the Macs. On the other hand, we have accepted the fact that we'll stay multi-platform for a long time - primarily dictated by some software that runs only on Macs and some software that runs only on PCs. We aree committed, therefore, to provide all services developed here for multi-platform use. Otmar Foelsche