--- Forwarded Message from Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:50:46 -0400
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: (Adv.) Student's Guide for FL and Tech.

Hi all.  I did a short book for Houghton Mifflin this year entitled, A
Student's Guide to Using Technology for Effective Language Learning.  The
book is only 60 pages and written for an 18 year old with an intro chapter
on lang. pedagogy, a chapter on audio and video, one on computers and one
on the internet finishing with a long glossary of terms.  However, though
aimed at students, I have found that faculty benefit from it as well (even
more?).  Since I am a Lang. Center Director, Centers play an important role
in the book, too.  Price is about $13 only.  I will have a copy at IALL for
those of you interested
in seeing it (and thinking it may help you influence your faculty to use
your Centers more effectively...)

Best to all, Mike