We have been using one for a couple of weeks to transfer data from one bondi-blue G3 to another. Obviously the fast transfer rats are only applicable when transfer takes place from firewire device to another firewire device. Since we only have one of these gismos, we have not experienced these fast transfers. On the other hand, being able to move the drive from one machine to another without rebooting (or other complications well known from the SCSI era) makes our life a little bit easier. It would be nice if these devices had the capability to boot. I have not heard anything about A time line on that. Otmar