Welcome to Cabin and Trail 19X!!!

If you're a fan of cabins...
IMG_0079-XL.jpg

Or an enthusiast of trails...
Madylin and Lucas Walking on Summit-X2.jpg

Or even if you're neither of those but you love adventures that include things like
ICE CREAM!
DANCING!
UFOs!

Then keep on reading because we gotcha covered!!!

CnT leads lots and lots of hikes, cabin overnights, and assorted shenanigans in all weather! And you can borrow any and all winter/rain/hiking gear that you might need - from warm layers to zero degree sleeping bags to rain pants - for FREE!!!! (Just ask!)

Your gear options include but are not limited to:

  • hiking boots!
  • puffy jackets!
  • shell pants/rain pants!
  • rain jackets/windbreakers!
  • balaclavas!
  • sleeping bags!

If you'd like to get outside this weekend, sign up for any of the trips below by blitzing the email or clicking the link provided with your dietary restrictions and shoe size!

 As always, blitz the leaders with any and all questions!

This week, extra beginner friendly trips (including trailwork!) are marked with COOL GREEN (plus you can always check the levels or ask a leader for advice) ((notes on the level system at the end of the email))!!

TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY Lodge dinner trip! Too late to go now, but every week, CnT will be running a van (free!) to the Lodge. Dinner is only $8!
WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY Feed! What's a feed?!!? A feed is a meal we share together as a club every Wednesday night and the best part is, it's fReeEEe!! Feeds are located at the Rock, or 16 Sargent St, and they start at 7 PM. A walking train will be leaving from behind Robo at 6:45 PM. Also, this week is special because it's our elections feed! Yay democracy! All are welcome, regardless of prior experience in CnT.
WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY What: Armington Cabin overnight!
When: Wednesday 8:15pm (after the CnT feed) to Thursday 9am (or earlier if need be)
Why: get off campus for the night, eat some delish snaxx, and maybe go for a night time swim if the weather is good!!
Level: 0!
Leaders: Abby Wiseman and Rachel Kent
Gear: sleeping bag, head lamp, layers
Blitz/link: [log in to unmask]
THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY What: DOSqueeze
When: Thursday after 2as
Where: Robo front lawn
Why: because drinking lemonade and meeting new friends is so much fun!!
THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY What: Gile Sunsike - Sponsored by Women in the Wilderness
When: Thursday, June 27 @ 7 PM
Why: Join us in kicking off a term of adventuring by going on the most iconic hike of your sophomore summer: a
sunset hike to the Gile fire tower! Come hang out, get to know some incredible humans, eat dope snacks, and
enjoy a sick view without too much physical exertion ;)
Level : 1 -- SUPER beginner-friendly!
Leaders: Emily Stehr and Katie McCabe
Cost: FREE
Gear: At least 1 liter of water, an extra layer, and a headlamp/flashlight for the hike down after the sunset.
Questions? Blitz [log in to unmask]
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY What: Mt. Moosilauke Hike - in search of IFOs (Identified Flying Objects)
When: 9:00 AM - 4:30/5:00 PM Saturday
Why: Mt. Moosilauke is an iconic hike everyone should do while at Dartmouth! We didn't get to do it during our first-year trips, and if you didn't do it on Strips, this is a perfect way to start your Sophomore Summer! It's one of the more reasonable 4000 footers in terms of steepness, and it's a 7.4-mile roundtrip.
Level: 3.5
Leaders: Will French and Justin Kramer
Cost: Live *FREEEEEEEEEE* or die
Gear: Hiking shoes (can request in link) and socks, 2 one-liter water bottles, daypack, sunscreen (optional), windbreaker (can request in link), sunglasses
[o-o]
Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfea86cj7atHdsYpIPbLWnOzDmELtpwE4wKcpeTSt3KSgNscg/viewform?usp=sf_link
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY What: Stinson Mountain RAGE Hike
When: Saturday, 6/29/2019 9:30 A.M/ – 2:00 PM
Why: Join the magnificent K cubed on their journey to rage up an (easy) mountain. Its week 2, follow us to the fun side.
Level : 2
Leaders: Kevin Donohue and Kiara Cannon
Cost: freeee
Gear: water, good shoes, backpack, (light) layers, your love
Blitz: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY What: Montpelier Contra Dance
When: Sat 6:45 PM – midnight
Why: Contra dancing is super fun and beginner friendly!
Level: 0
Leaders: Kevin Donohue
Cost: $10 in cash! Talk to me if this is a problem
Blitz/link: Blitz kevin.21 to sign up!
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY What: Holt's Ledge Trailwork
When: 8.30am - 2.30pm
Why: Come hang at Holt's and do some trail work(where we leave the trail better than when we arrived)! 4 miles round trip, good views and company all around.
Level: 2
Leaders: Bryton Moeller and Elliot Ng
Cost: Gratis, Free-uh
Gear: Hiking boots or sturdy shoes, raincoat, clothing you don't mind getting dirty in! (Boots/Shoes and raincoat available to borrow for free from Dartmouth Outdoor Rentals @Robo Basement)
Blitz/link: [log in to unmask]
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY What: Cardigan Hike and Ice Cream!
When: Sunday 1-5:30pm
Why: this is a super beginner friendly hike, approximately 4 miles round trip, and we'll be going at a nice moderate pace. Cardigan has incredible views on top, and you can mark it off your sophomore summer bucket list! Also, we'll likely be stopping for ice cream on the way back :-)
Level: 2
Leaders: Elliot Yong Sheng and Rachel Kent
Gear: hiking boots or sturdy tennis shoes, layers for the top of the mountain
Blitz/link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdwhDRsy-a1QVuGapbQ4_x8sbdZCkCbNiyqbHy3RuYuWxIRMQ/viewform
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY What: The Truth Is Out There Trek
When: Sunday, July 30 – 8am – 6pm
Why: Abandoned air force base + most famous UFO abduction case in history + celebration of World UFo Day (July 2)
Level: 3
Leaders: Christopher Cartwright ’21 and Jonathan Gliboff ‘20
Cost: Free
Gear: Boots, bugspray, sunscree, WATER
Blitz/link: [log in to unmask]
NEXT MONDAY NEXT MONDAY NEXT MONDAY (7/1)  What: Raidz ~flavored~ Overnight at Ritchie Smith
When: Monday, 7/1/2019 After CnT meeting (~8:30 p.m), back before 10A’s
Why: Good snacks, good friends, and a morning raid on Trail Crew- you couldn’t ask for a better way to start your week.
Level : Easy pz lemon squeezie, great for newcomers. Level 0!
Leaders: Maya Khanna and Kiara Cannon
Cost: freeee
Gear: 2 liters of water, sleeping bag, personal necessities, headlamp if you have one. Let us know if you would like to borrow a sleeping bag!
Blitz/link: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] to sign up! Please include any dietary preferences/restrictions and any gear you would like to borrow.
NEXT WEDNESDAY NEXT WEDNESDAY NEXT WEDNESDAY Tree identification walk around campus between 10As and 2As! Led by Prof Craig Lane.

A note about levels....

Level 1: Short, easy, super-beginner friendly hikes at a leisurely pace with relatively little elevation gain. Think Gile sunsikes and trips to Mink Brook!

Level 2: Slightly longer but still beginner friendly hikes with slight elevation gain, typically half day trips! Think Holt's Ledge or Moose Mountain!

Level 3: Longer trips with moderate elevation gain and mileages! Think Smarts and Cube!

Level 4: Longer trips with more significant elevation gain and mileages! Think Franc Ridge or the Kinsmans!

Level 5: Trips with the most significant elevation gain and mileages! Think Madison, Adams, and Washington!

TOR

Kevin & Rachel