Finals are fake, keep it real with CnT instead!

Group Photo at Ascensions Feed

The special Saturday feed at the Rock (16 Sargent St!) before Ascensions over the weekend

Walk up mountains and take pictures and meet friends!

EH

Adam taking a photo on a sunsike!

Friends! Views! Cairns! You could have it all!

EH

Probably Cardigan

Cabin and Trail does all this and mooore!

CnT leads lots and lots of hikes, cabin overnights, and assorted shenanigans in all weather! And you can borrow any and all winter/rain/hiking gear that you might need - from warm layers to zero degree sleeping bags to rain pants - for FREE!!!! (Just ask!)

Your gear options include but are not limited to:

  • hiking boots!
  • puffy jackets!
  • shell pants/rain pants!
  • rain jackets/windbreakers!
  • balaclavas!
  • sleeping bags!

If you'd like to get outside this weekend, sign up for any of the trips below by blitzing the email or clicking the link provided with your dietary restrictions and shoe size!

 As always, blitz the leaders with any and all questions!

This week, extra beginner friendly trips (including trailwork!) are marked with COOL GREEN (plus you can always check the levels or ask a leader for advice) ((notes on the level system at the end of the email))!!

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

What: The Official Party Sunsike of 19S
When: Thursday thursday thursday, 5-10pm
Why: Come on a chill hike of Mt. Cardigan with some good folks, good views, and stop for ice cream too! Take a study break. See the sunset. Huge group, huge party. Why not?
Level: 2
Leaders: Naomi, Will, Leeza, Ted
Cost: FrEEeEe
Gear: bring $$ for ice cream, no gear needed
Blitz: email [log in to unmask] to rsvp!

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

What: Gile Strike
When: 8:30pm-11:00pm
Why: The weather forecast tells me we're supposed to have clear skies on Friday night, and that seems like the perfect excuse to hold a strike ("star hike") against finals...
Level: 1
Leaders: Annie Furman '19, Lucas Rathgeb '22
Cost: FREEEEEE
Gear: headlamp/flashlight (can be borrowed from DOR)
Blitz/link: [log in to unmask]

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

What: Moosilauke on May 31st for FINALS!
When: 8am-5pm
Why: We will hike Moosilauke via the Glencliff Trail to celebrate the end of a great term! Then we'll go to a candy store!
Level: 3
Leaders: Anna Ellis '19 and Alida Angafor '21
Cost: FREE
Gear: Once you sign up for this trip, Anna and Alida will send you a packing list. All gear is available to borrow from Dartmouth Outdoor Rentals for free :)
Blitz/link: Blitz [log in to unmask] to sign up

A note about levels....

Level 1: Short, easy, super-beginner friendly hikes at a leisurely pace with relatively little elevation gain. Think Gile sunsikes and trips to Mink Brook!

Level 2: Slightly longer but still beginner friendly hikes with slight elevation gain, typically half day trips! Think Holt's Ledge or Moose Mountain!

Level 3: Longer trips with moderate elevation gain and mileages! Think Smarts and Cube!

Level 4: Longer trips with more significant elevation gain and mileages! Think Franc Ridge or the Kinsmans!

Level 5: Trips with the most significant elevation gain and mileages! Think Madison, Adams, and Washington!

TOR

-Katie and Kevin